Books & Articles
Films, Television Shows, & Other Videos
Resources for Black Healing
Resources for Allyship and Solidarity
For Caregivers and Educators: Raising Anti-Racist Children
Don't know where to start?
Here are some recommendations that have helped our staff team grow!
- The Color of Compromise by Jemar Tisby
- Prophetic Lament: A Call for Justice in Troubled Times by Soong-Chan Rah
- The Cross and the Lynching Tree by James H. Cone
- I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness by Austin Channing Brown
- Roadmap to Reconciliation 2.0: Moving Communities into Unity, Wholeness and Justice by Brenda Salter McNeil
- The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
- God of the Oppressed by James H. Cone
- A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King Jr.
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Rethinking Incarceration: Advocating for Justice That Restores by Dominique DuBois Gilliard
- Native by Kaitlin B. Curtice
- Rediscipling the White Church by David W. Swanson
- Homegoing - Yaa Gyasi
- The NYT 1619 Project by Nikole Hannah-Jones
- White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
- How to be An AntiRacist by Ibram X Kendi
- Dear White Christians: For Those Still Longing for Racial Reconciliation by Jennifer Harvey
Recommendations for Families
Books & Articles
framework adapted from Nate Lee
All links were compiled from Christian and secular sources by a collaboration of Highrock church staff in Arlington, Cambridge, Lexington, MetroWest and Quincy; through Zoom discussions; from social media; or sourced from other public master lists including #GeorgeFloyd Resource Compilation, Anti-Racism Resources for White People, Books & Media for Beginning Conversations on Race & Diversity, Anti-Racist Allyship Starter Pack, Evangelical Covenant Church's Love Mercy Do Justice, Asian Christians for Black Lives Resources, Highrock Acton, Quest Church, Nate Lee, and Kelly Ladd Bishop. Thank you to those who have poured out their time, energy, and passion into making these resources available. May we learn well.
To submit your suggestions/feedback or to report a broken link, please contact Eva (firstname.lastname@example.org).